Growing up, I couldn’t say the male sex organ- penis, out loud. So I settled for pimpim, local government head quaters, John-thomas, winky etc
Untill my sophomore year in college. We were randomly grouped for a seminar presentation and unfortunately I had no partner. I froze when I saw my topic as the likes of Raphael laughed their heads off. I was to present a seminar on the scrotum. As you may already know, the scrotum is a close relative of the penis so saying the word “penis” was inevitable.
Well, after tremendous help from my dad, I nailed the presentation with a 10/10 score😎.
Now I can say….
Disclaimer: This blog post is penis related
I saw a mini debate on Facebook about circumcision and I’ll love to share my thoughts with you.
- Male Circumcision ✔
- Female Circumcision ❌
Chill! I’ll explain religiously (as a Christian) and health wise.
Brethren in the lord turn with me to;
And on the 8th day the child shall be circumcised.
And God made with Abraham a covenant of which circumcision was the seal. And under these circumstances, Abraham became the father of Isaac and circumcised him on the 8th day; and Isaac did so to Jacob and Jacob when all his 12 sons were born.
See also Genesis 17:10-14, Acts 7:8, Joshua 5:4-8, John 7:22, Luke 1:59, Philippains 3:5, Acts 15:5, Ephesians 2:11, Acts 15:1.
Even Jesus Christ was circumcised! See luke 2:21
Did you notice how the bible said nothing about female circumcision?NEED I SAY MORE?
Male Circumcision is the removal of the foreskin of the human penis. A circumcised penis has numerous advantages which include and are not limited to:
- It is more hygienic
- Decreased risk of STIs: Circumcised males have lower risk of contacting STIs whereas in uncircumcised males, the foreskin of the penis is very delicate and vulnerable to tears and abrasions. Hence organisms responsible for infections can easily carve a niche for themselves and colonise the environment thereby increasing the risk of infection. Studies show that the foreskin contains the cells that are targeted by HIV. Regardless, safe sexual practices are the best bet.
- Decreased risk of penile cancer: Although penile cancer is not common, it’s risk is 50-100% higher in uncircumcised males, with sexual partners of circumcised males having a lower risk of cervical cancer.
- Decreased risk of penile problems: An uncircumcised penis is more prone to penile problems like phimosis, paraphimosis, posthitis, balanitis, balanoposthitis, etc. Atleast 18% of uncircumcised males will acquire one of the above before they are 8 years old.
- Decreased risk of urinary tract infections:Generally, UTIs are less common in males. The lifetime prevalence of UTIs is 1 in 3 and 1 in 20 for uncircumcised and circumcised males respectively. There is a higher risk of death in the first year of life and may lead to complications like kidney failure, meningitis etc.
Many people argued that it is an unnecessary procedure and inflicts too much pain on the child. To that I say: bullshit! As the advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages.
Circumcision may become a necessity later in life as 1 in 10 older children and men require it later in life. The cost is 10 times higher, the procedure is less convenient, the cosmetic results may even be lesser when compared to when done at infancy.
FEMALE CIRCUMCISION (FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION)
Total or partial removal of the female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for cultural or other non medical reasons. The practice is rooted in gender inequality and attempts to control women’s sexuality.
Disadvantages of female circumcision:
- Damage of sexual organs: Result in laceration of tissue which greatly increase risk of HIV transmission.
- Risk of HIV: One tool is used for all girls.
- Risk of psychological stress: Sexual dysfunction which may lead to marital conflicts. Anxiety and depression, loss of trust and confidence in caregivers.
- Greater risk of: Ceasarean section, episiotomy, extended hospital stay, and post partum haemorrhage.
- Fatal bleeding.
- Development of cyst.
- Recurrent infections.
- High maternal mortality rate according to WHO, UNICEF etc.
Let me know in the COMMENT SECTION:
- What you think about male or female circumcision
- If you’ll like to read more health related posts like this
[Your feedback is very important]
If you LIKE this post, feel free to SHARE to your various social media platforms. FOLLOW or SUBCRIBE via email so you don’t miss my next post.😊 (you’ll receive an email immediately to confirm your subcription).
Stay unapologetically weird.💕