It was my birthday yesterday and I turned the big 23! Wait, what? When did I get so old? I’m officially closer to 25 than I am to 20.
22 was a great year for me- I graduated college, started taking measures to turn my hobbies into sources of income, started a blog, took on more challenges like single handedly decorating my home church, improved my culinary skills by simply watching YouTube videos.
Out of the wealth of knowledge I have acquired in my 23years on earth😎, I made a list of 23 things I’ve learned so far:
- I’ve learned to believe in my self or nobody will
- I’ve learned to never apologise for being me
- I’ve learned that confidence comes with age
- I’ve learned that not all friendships last forever – you will out grow people and people will outgrow you, let it happen.
- I’ve learned that God didnt make men head over women…God made husbands head over wives. (Ephesians 5:21-24) in simple terms, if you ain’t her husband, you ain’t shit😏
- I’ve learned that when it seemed like God wasn’t there, I had moved away from him
- I’ve learned that I can’t please everyone- literally!
- I’ve learned that not everyone who wears glasses is intelligent – Nigerians will relate to this more😂
- I’ve learned that communication is key – talking about it makes all the difference. Avoid jumping to conclusions
- I’ve learned that miracles are real
- I’ve learned that my attitude towards life determines life’s attitude towards me- remember the story of the lad who threw out the lemons and needed lemonade 5minutes later? You don’t….i made that up😝.
- I’ve learned that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail
- I’ve learned that procrastibaking reduces the guilt of procrastination.
- I’ve learned that there’s a thin line between working hard and working smart.
- I’ve learned that nobody has it all figured out.
- I’ve learned that salutation is not love
- I’ve learned that nobody’s life is as great as what their social media accounts portray- never compare yourself with someone’s controlled social media content.
- I’ve learned that hippos kill more people than lions
- I’ve learned that God’s plans are better than my dreams
- I’ve learned that “I’m busy” may also mean “I’m busy not doing anything”.
- I’ve learned that they’ll always be mean people in the world
- I’ve learned that some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
- I’ve learned that change is constant, even the number of planets have changed.
Many thanks to all those who took out time to make me feel special yesterday. It is my earnest desire that your year will be more special. I made meatpies and saved you some!😄(recipe available, request in the comment section 😊)
In other news– My piggy bank struggle began yesterday, I put in the first naira notes! 364days to go😂😂😂
My mum got me the blender I always wanted🙌 (plus She started a blog just because she wanted to follow me😂😂) my 10year old cousin got me a necklace and earrings which cost #100 and #20 respectively (it’s the thought behind the gift that matters, you know?)
Just incase you want to give me a gift, do so by FOLLOWING or SUBCRIBING via email to my blog so you don’t miss my next post.😊